Tuesday, August 11, 2009

LITTLE WAFFLES

These little waffles are very dangerous; whilst I’m making them I’ll start eating them as well. I can make a chocolate cake without touching it but I can’t let these leave my kitchen without having some myself!

Ingredients:

  • 250 grams all purpose flour
  • 250 white granulated sugar
  • 80 grams vanilla sugar
  • 150 grams softened unsalted butter
  • 2 eggs
  • a pinch of salt
  • waffle iron

Steps:

  • Mix the egg yolks with the sugar and the vanilla sugar to a creamy substance, this takes at least 4-5 minutes. It needs to have a yellowy colour.
  • Add one egg after another and mix.
  • Add the flour and salt and mix until you have a smooth consistency
  • Cover it and leave it to set for an hour (I know, horrible to have to wait sooo long!!)
  • Warm up your waffle iron, butter it and put a spoonful of batter

TIP1: don’t put too much batter, I found it nicer to have little waffles than to have large ones that make a complete mess in your waffle iron.

TIP2: If you cannot buy vanilla sugar you can create it yourself. Just put some sugar in a jar and add a used vanilla pod, let that set for a few days and you’ll have lovely smelling-like-vanilla sugar.

No comments: