Monday, November 16, 2009

VANILLA CUPCAKE COVERED WITH CHOCOLATE


I made these chocolate covered cupcakes with this cupcake recipe. I did however use my big muffin case of 6 muffins so that I could make big cupcakes. You follow the recipe but you fill 6 in stead of 12 and you use bigger muffin papers. I also left out the lemon zest for these cupcakes.
After letting them cool off I covered them with a vanilla buttercream frosting (recipe below) and some cut up dark chocolate filled with praliné. In stead of just cutting up chocolate I thought it would be nice to use filled chocolate

Ingredients buttercream frosting:

  • 2 cups (230 grams) confectioners sugar (icing or powdered sugar), sifted
  • 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons milk or light cream

Steps:

  • In an electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth and well blended
  • Add the vanilla extract
  • With the mixer on low speed, gradually beat in the sugar
  • Scrape down the sides of the bowl
  • Add the milk and beat on high speed until frosting is light and fluffy (about 3-4 minutes)
  • Add a little more milk or sugar, if needed

Do not keep the covered big cupcakes in the fridge as that will ruin the frosting.

No comments: