Saturday, August 1, 2009

INTRODUCTION

When I was younger I loved watching my mother and grandmother make desserts, it would always fascinate me that by putting a few ingredients together you can create true delights. Now that I'm grown up (should be by now!) I try to do the same..

I love making desserts for other people, i
t sounds strange but I get more joy out of making them than out of eating it. There are exceptions that I will eat myself but most of the stuff I make I just give away to my loyal guinea pigs .. my family and friends. They are always available for tasting and they don't hold back on the comments! (just so you know I've never made them sick, good sign no??)

I often try new recipes, what is there to learn if you keep on making the same things? This also means that sometimes things go (completely!) wrong but that is all part of the learning process. The more you venture out in the world of baking the more you get accI basustomed to the do's and don'ts. Whenever a recipe said that you had to creme sugar and butter together I would wisk it for about a minute and think that it was sufficient .. you can imagine that I did not get the desired result! :-)).

My friends will often say "why don't you just buy that cake in the store?!" but a baking fan will agree with me that there is no greater joy than making your own!

In this blog I want to chare my joys with you and also learn from you so please don't hesistate to pop me a line. If there is one thing that I've learned it's that you NEVER stop learning because when you least expect it the cake will come out wrong! The last thing I want is for you to think that I feel that I know it all .. if only!!!!!

I base myself on my cook books which are in Dutch, English, French & Spanish so the measures can be different. Depending on where you're from you might need the following site www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/converter_index.shtml

Thank you for your visit and I hope you will continue to pass by!

No comments: